The review session will be 3:30-5:30pm this Sunday. I will walk through an outline of the course, talk about what will and will not be on the exam, and review some problem set questions.
I have asked for the classroom, but I do not know if it is available. Stay tuned.
I'll hold modified office hours tomorrow (Wed), 3:00-4:30pm, and also on Monday from 2:00-3:30. Please also feel free to contact Ji for appointments. I have been asked to participate in conferences on campus this week and this is making it difficult to schedule other times.
March 21: The midterm is next Thursday, March 29. Please note the following:
(1) The exam will cover the course material through the March 20 lecture, which covered the material from Chapter 17 of the textbook (one behind on the syllabus). All material is fair game: course notes, textbook, problem sets, readings from the syllabus (except those marked "Review for Lecture," and not the Feldstein article under Lecture 15 since we did not have time for it).
(2) I will have office hours next Monday as usual, and then also Tuesday (March 27) from 2:30-5:00pm. My office hours Wednesday (March 28) are canceled as I will be out of town from Wednesday through Sunday.
(3) Ji will hold his usual Tuesday office hours, and then also Wednesday (March 28) from 1:00pm to 3:30pm. He will proctor the exam.
(4) Attached is the midterm from Spring 2006 and the answers. That was a different class with a different book, but the level of difficulty should be about the same.
(5) You cannnot bring any notes to the exam. I am not sure yet about a calculator, I will let you know after the exam is written.
February 5: On the syllabus, the designation "Review for Lecture" means the material is somewhat advanced or detailed, and I plan to talk about it in lecture, but you are not going to be accountable for the details on any exam. I said this in the first lecture, but I realize some of you were not in the first lecture.
January 28: Office hours on Monday, January 29, will end at 3:30pm due to a Departmental seminar.
January 28: Problem
Set 1 was emailed to everyone on January 25. If you did not receive
it, let me know.